Make a Plan to Live Healthy
A healthy life starts with a plan. Let us help you decide how to be healthy with good advice and special programs for Healthfirst NJ members that can assist you and your family.
Healthfirst is proud to work with Chef Elsie Ramos to make it easy for people to get healthy, stay healthy and make smart lifestyle choices.
Healthy living means making the right choices for you and your family, including the food you eat and how much you exercise. We want to help you find the perfect healthy balance. Get tips on how to get healthy, stay healthy, and make smart choices.
- Maintaining a Healthy Body
- Planning Ahead
- Living with a Disability
- Mental Health
- Healthy Choices
Do you sometimes forget when to take your medicine? Or do you have difficulty remembering exactly how much medicine to take? Maybe you’re taking more than one medicine and are having a tough time managing all of them.
You’re not alone. The good news is that there are tools that can help you stay healthy and safe while taking your medicines. Click the links below to get resources to help you manage your medicines with more ease, understand the importance of taking your medicine on time and in the right amount, and stay informed.
And remember: it’s important to talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions or concerns about your medicines.
- The Center for Improving Medication Management & the National Council on Patient Information and Education – “Medicine Safety/A Toolkit for Families”
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality – “Your Medicine: Be Smart. Be Safe.”
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) – “Medicines Made Easy-Things You Need to Know about Managing Your Medications but were Afraid to Ask”
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration – “Medicines and You: A Guide for Older Adults”
- National Consumers League – “Script Your Future”
- HealthyNJ Health Services Tools, Trackers, Calculators and Quizzes/Medications
- Medication Wallet Card
- My Medication Record